Saturday 15 November 2008

What not to crochet

As much as I love crochet, sometimes it just shouldn't happen!
Today I found this child's doll...















... And this one...



Not to be outdone ...



The white mouth and sardonic grin add that little extra to make it scarier.


"Come to me little one, cuddle up"


No doubt they are very cuddly and the acrylic very practical. The must have for my fretful child who has trouble sleeping. If only I could afford one. The price.... $150 !!!


I think I am in the wrong business.



If you can't be without one go to the security blanket ! Free postage!! No sales tax!!! Don't miss the crochet shorts. (Shhh, my husbands getting a pair for Christmas)! Look away feint hearted...

...

...

...

yours for $500

...

...


Mr Spooner (enough said) has an interesting blog...


"My ex-girlfriend and I were sitting outside the dressing rooms at The Boston Tea Party one night. She was wearing her pink crocheted sweater and pants set, I was wearing my hat, coat, sweater and pants in autumn colors with a bare tree outfit (see old favorites). I was amazed to see an amazed Rod Stewart staring back at us."


... no comment!

4 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

Oh, Beth - the shorts are wonderful. Are you accepting orders? All (or at least most) of my Christmas shopping could be sorted!
I think I've seen those terrifying dolls advertising cars, but I can't remember which cars, so that tells you what a great commercial it is. They shout 'C'mon!' and an adult woman gets all excited about them! Not you, is it?

Relatively Retiring said...

Oh no! I've just spotted the adult male model in 'Security Blanket's' web page. Thank goodness he was well and truly spaced out before someone dressed him in that poncho.

Beth said...

If you'd like a pair for Christmas I can make you some, maybe long ones to keep you from getting blue in the garden?

When my kids were babies my mum made some knitted stripy crawlers out of scraps, they were fab - I should look out a photo. Woolly trousers can look good - but maybe only if you're under 1 (and very cute). Will post a photo soon.

Unknown said...

Do you sell your pattern for the mens shorts?