Wednesday 15 December 2010

It's been so long since I posted here - very much neglected blog!! Obviously I've been far too busy with my crochet hook...! But also not too well - degeneration in my spine is causing me problems holding my hook and making it go where I want to, so small bouts of crochet are the order of the day. Anyway, here are a few of the projects I have finished (and the unfinished pile is HUGE)!

Little bag for a Mini Mouse fan (age 2)



The inside is just as important as the outside!




















Stitchy bag - with tape measures and crochet stitch holders (I didn't make the cat - she's a lovely stitch counter)



Party bag Purses for 8 year old girls - more friendly than plastic bags, more useful too - at least one is being used as an MP3 Player bag.






















Catnip Mouse - my cats love these, me too!! Because I make them with a nice long curly tail to keep claws away from my fingers!
(And the ladies at the knitting club had a laugh at my suspicious looking bag of catnip!)

Flower Brooch Card - small pressie and card in one. I've made so many of these I've lost count!

And lots more besides... Now I must go and finish the crochet cupcakes I'm making as a pressie for 2 lovely little people! Shhh... don't let them know!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Beth, I've just discovered your blog while on a blog hop. Your crochet projects are beautiful. Where did you get the patterns? I'd love to make some of the items - I've recently taught myself to crochet.

Beth said...

Hi Amanda,
Thank you for your lovely comment! I don't normally use patterns (I hate following them) – but I'm good at visualising what I want to make and can now make lots of things up as I go along. When I was learning to crochet I played around a lot with different yarns and stitches to develop a good feel for how crochet grows and shapes – and now, years later, sometimes it works out, sometimes it’s a disaster! It’s great that you taught yourself to crochet – have a play, you never know what might come off your hook! I'd love to see some more of the things you've crocheted posted on your blog! You’ve got a very good creative eye.

Although I don’t like using patterns I do like crochet books... here are the books I used for some of the things on my blog:
For different stitch patterns I like "The Crochet Stitch Bible" by Betty Barnden; and "Crochet Borders" by Edie Eckman. The heart motif on the red and white bag came from "201 Crochet motifs, blocks, projects and ideas" by Melody Griffiths. Some of the flowers in the photos from "Crochet Bouquet" by Suzann Thompson. The blue baby shoes are a pattern from "Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers" by Lesley Stanfield (there’s a nice bear in this book too which I used for inspiration for the bear I made).

Happy hooking to you. Best wishes, Beth.